I haven’t engaged much with my username on this blog, so you’ve gotten a lot more straightforward art talk than any Billy Idol theming; but the phrase “Rebel Yellow” popped into my head and I just had to make a palette.
Billy Idol’s signature color is black – as in black leather. He’s also known for silver jewelry and platinum blond hair. Videos often feature bisexual lighting (red and blue from different directions). I opted for bold, graphic colors that complement a stark black-and-white color scheme. Also, lyrics puns.
- Rebel Yellow: Hansa Yellow Light (PY3)
- Red-Hot Love: Pyrrol Red (PR254)
- Shock to the System: Opera Pink (PR122 + fluo.)
- Red Wine: Perylene Maroon (PR179)
- Blue Highway: Phthalo Blue (PB15:3)
- Black Leather: Lamp Black (PBk6)
- White Wedding: Titanium White (PW6)
I initially swatched this in watercolor but then realized it lent itself even better to gouache palette.
This uses the same pigments as above.
Here’s a portrait of BI that I did with the gouache palette (minus Opera Pink).
Now back to forgetting what my username and URL is until someone reminds me!